Table of contents
What is GitHub Student Developer Pack?
Are you a student who is aiming to become a developer? Are you tired of looking for tools with cost-prohibitive prices? Then, this post is for you!
GitHub Education is a platform that offers students real-world experience with free access to various developer tools. So what do you get for free in GitHub Education? There is a range of tools, software, and services that you can get for free with GitHub Education. You can find a quick snapshot below or a full list ☞ here☜
Services which I favor the most
1. Azure $100 in Azure Credit
Get access to Microsoft Azure cloud services and learning resources – no credit card is required.
- Free access to 25+ Microsoft Azure cloud services plus $100 in Azure credit.
- Ability to apply for MICROSOFT LEARN Student Hub
- (MOST IMPORTANT) Ability to take up to eight fundamental certification exams for free this academic year. ☞ Link ☜.
In my opinion, that would be a huge boost to your resume if you are aiming for Azure or multi-cloud positions
PS. I checked and figured out that you can apply solely for the Microsoft Student Hub perk without GitHub Student Developer Pack by the link I provided above but I strongly recommend you acquire that perk with GitHub Student to fully utilize all other resources for FREE.
2. A Free domain name & a Free SSL certificate
As a tech person today, it is strongly recommended to maintain your online presence and a personal domain is a very good start.
If you are interested in showcasing your resume to potential employers, you can try Forrest Brazeal’s Cloud Resume Challenge ☞ Link ☜
2.1 With namecheap.com
2.2 With Name.com
- Build your online presence with a free .LIVE domain name, free privacy protection, and a free SSL certificate ☞ Link ☜
3. DigitalOcean $200 in Platform Credit
Simple cloud hosting, built for developers ☞ Link ☜
4. Educative with 6 free months
Level up on trending coding skills at your own pace with interactive, text-based courses. ☞ Link ☜
5. Free access to MongoDB University plus free certification valued (total of $200)
A general-purpose, document-based, distributed database built for modern application developers and the cloud era. ☞ Link ☜
6. Do not forget GitHub Pro while you are a student
No doubt that GitHub is among the best popular repository service and a very good place to showcase your portfolios, your professional projects, or your working projects there ☞ Link ☜
And MANY MANY MORE ...
Feel free to explore all of the perks granted to you as GitHub Student Developer Pack ☞ here☜
Bonus: How can you apply for the GitHub Student Pack?
To apply for the GitHub Student Pack, you must:
- Have a GitHub account which you can get for free.
- Go to ☞here☜ and apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree or diploma-granting courses such as a high school, secondary school, college, university, homeschool, or similar educational institution.
- Have a verifiable school-issued email address or upload documents that prove your current student status. You don’t even need a “.edu” account for this requirement!
- Have a GitHub user account. You can create one at the following link.
- Be at least 13 years old.
Thanks for sticking through the article. Please feel free to reach out if you've any questions, or if you find any mistakes anywhere.
Enjoy the GitHub Student Developer Pack while it lasts :-)